Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week of 1/13: Project Planning

Holy cow! I've got to tell you, I'm a tad bit overwhelmed. Sleep, school, tennis, homework, health...it is hard to balance everything.  The end of the year is approaching fast which means I have to get focused on my big presentation for HMP! This planning should definitely help me begin my final project...

What is driving my research?

My passion for nutrition is driving my research! My favorite thing is finding a delicious recipe made from surprising (and surprisingly healthy) ingredients...like my healthy blueberry pancakes made with cottage cheese. They taste naughty but they're packed with protein and plenty of nutrients. I love to nourish my body with unprocessed foods and enjoy introducing different "super foods" like carob, cacao nibs, flax seed, goji berries, acai powder, and chia seeds. By doing this, I hope to help my body operate at its highest potential. I'd like to know more about how my body uses nutrients and what nutrients I need to live a long, healthy life.


What is my current essential question?

My current essential question is "How does nutrition impact one's overall health?" and has not changed. This question covers the following:
-What nutrients does the body need? 
-How do these nutrients affect the body's functioning?
-What happens when we don't get enough of or get too much of these nutrients?
-How can we ensure we get enough nutrients in order to ensure good health?

Other than the required website, what other tools do I envision to best show case my project?

I envision charts and many visuals such as food and an interactive power point. 
-Charts to easily display nutrients and their benefit to your body. 
-Food to compare nutrient density of different meals.
-Interactive power point to share my information in a fun way.

What will I do for my "real inquiry?"

I'm thinking an interview and a survey could really enhance the quality of my research. An expert in nutrition could really help me clarify my findings and a survey can address the general lack of knowledge about nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment