Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Week 8/19


Part One
My Mission Statement...
I will to be remembered for my work-ethic, focus, strength, and success. 
I will be relentless, never allowing myself to make excuses. 
I will not settle for average but surpass it.
I will be extraordinary. 

Part Two
From my mentorship, I would like to better gain an understanding of the day to day responsibilities a career in my chosen field consists of. I will show up every day eager to learn something new and then apply my acquired knowledge outside of my mentorship when the opportunity arises. This mentorship will help prepare me for my future by giving me the confidence necessary to function in a professional setting and offer me experience in my field of interest that will benefit me in deciding my path to success. 

Part Three
"Perfectly Polished"
Lesson 1: In an introduction, repeat the other person's name.
  • We were instructed to meet five new people at the seminar and during the introduction repeat the other person's name. For example, if Sally introduced herself to me, I would reply, "It's very nice to meet you, Sally." Sometimes that felt awkward but it made the introduction feel more sincere. Everybody enjoys hearing their own name. When you use their name, they feel like you are paying attention to them. Plus, it helps you remember the name!
Lesson 2: Shake twice and drop. 
  • Everyone has experienced that awkward handshake that never seems to end! Mrs. Lassiter told us that a handshake should consist of two shakes, and then you return your hand to your side. Now during an introduction, I'll know to loosen my grip and drop my hand so I don't get stuck shaking hands throughout an entire introduction.
Lesson 3: Print on RESUME PAPER!
  • I didn't know that there was specific paper intended for resume. The attention to detail shown in printing your resume on resume paper could definitely increase your likeliness of landing a job. I admire attention to detail and will remember this for my future job search. 

No comments:

Post a Comment