Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 5/5 Reflection

1.  What impact did this experience have on my personal growth?
My mentorship has helped me gain confidence in many different settings. I feel more comfortable engaging people in small talk and feel that I've become more mature by taking on the responsibility of a job. I've learned more about keeping the body healthy and what it takes to be a successful business owner. The relationship built between the therapist and the patient is what keeps people coming back.
2.  What was my greatest accomplishment?
The fact that I got hired at the office is probably my greatest accomplishment of the year. My bosses gave me a great compliment last week. They said I was one of the best employees they've ever had. 
3.  What did you find most challenging about the mentorship?
The most challenging aspect of my mentorship was keeping an eye on every patient in the office and making sure that nobody was sitting around waiting for anything. I was very attentive to people so that their time wouldn't be wasted.
4.  What did you discover about yourself?
I discovered that I have the ability to connect with many types of people and, as weird as this sounds, I can carry conversations much more eloquently than I had thought. I guess I had never been put in so many situations that required so much small talk that I hadn't developed that skill!
5.  What influence will this experience have on your future academic and career choices?
I've found that I am more interested in helping younger, more active adults rather than kids or elderly people. While I do have a heart for the older folks that come in, I am more drawn to active younger people that live a healthy life. With that said, I am still definitely considering doing some personal training, but will give a career in physical therapy some more thought.
6.  What did you learn from people you admire in the organization?
I learned to smile at everyone and, despite how someone may treat you or what mood they are in, to always treat a person with respect and kindness. Brendon and Gina are good-hearted Christian people who do their best to make every patient happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment